Sunday, July 21, 2013

Award Winning iUniverse Author Elaine Pereira

iUniverse blog asked the NIEA 2013 winning author of, “I Will Never Forget”, Elaine Pereira if she would recount her self-publishing journey. This is what Elaine said:-
Why the Book?


iUniverse Elaine Pereira 2 “I’m Elaine Pereira, author of the multi-award winning memoir “I Will Never Forget-A Daughter’s Story of Her Mother’s Arduous and Humorous Journey Through Dementia”. Writing a book or even journaling has never been on my bucket list. In fact I’m more of a talker, especially when stressed. Just ask my husband, friends; strangers!

That said, my mother’s was a story that needed to be told. So encouraged by family and friends, I have. Mom was a kind, talented and brilliant woman, attributes I’m sure I didn’t appreciate during the feisty teenage years. But in the end she was none of these as Dementia steadily invaded her persona. Like little Pac Men, Alzheimer’s gobbled up her brain cells bit-by-bit leaving an agitated, disoriented and painfully bewildered woman in its wake.

I was determined that the kind mother who raised me, the brilliant woman who once taught high school calculus, the talented lady who crafted masterful stitching projects, would be remembered for her lifetime of stellar accomplishments and not her final years of bizarre deterioration. Like the phoenix, from Mom’s ashes rose my winning memoir, “I Will Never Forget.”


Click here to read the full article


0 comments:

Post a Comment