Sunday, June 9, 2013

iUniverse Eric Dinnocenzo

iUniverse author Eric Dinnocenzo
iUniverse published author Eric Dinnocenzo has just hit the heights with his first self-published book, “The Tenant Lawyer”, getting into the Kirkus Reviews Top 100 Indie Books of 2012. Now Eric gives iUniverse the lowdown on writing his first book and his self-publishing experience.


“Like many people, I had always wanted to write a novel, and after gathering up the motivation to do so, and having an idea in my head of where I wanted to go with it, I began working on “The Tenant Lawyer”, which is loosely based on my experiences working as a legal aid attorney in Worcester, Massachusetts. My goal was to write a book that had a mixture of humor and pathos, and that showed another side of the law that often isn’t seen or experienced by most people—the lower courts where the poor and downtrodden have to fight on a daily basis to maintain basic rights. I also wanted to add a little psychology into the mix, by introducing a protagonist with self-doubt and anxiety issues.

I hope I achieved my goal. More often than not I doubt that I did, but that’s okay. Doubt and fear are good motivators and can help keep you aware and on track. At least, that’s what I think”.


Look out for the full Kirkus Review of “The Tenant Lawyer” posted here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment